How do we get clear on where we are going? Our society glorifies the "busy hustler" - but what do you when overwhelm, anxiety, and feelings of despair can't seem to go away? On this episode we chat with Jonathan Jackson Co-Founder and Head of Corporate Brand at Blavity. As a writer and strategist, his work focuses on the intersection of people, influence, and culture. Jonathan dives into a must-needed discussion on mental health and self-care and what that actually can look like for millennial creatives, entrepreneurs, and hustlers who want to make an impact - but want to learn how to keep afloat while doing so. He shares stories from his own self-care journey as well as advice and strategies we can use to make sure we're creating places of transformation in our lives.
Jonathan graduated from Washington University in 2013, where he studied Political Science and Writing. He serves on the Nielsen External Advisory Council, is an OCP Policy Center Emerging Leader, and a 2018 Knight Visiting Nieman Fellow at Harvard University.
Join in on the conversation on social (@dreamsindrive) and make sure to use the hashtag #dreamsindrive. Enjoy!
ENTER OUR GIVEAWAY OF THE WEEK W/ PASSION PLANNER: www.dreamsindrive.com/win
ON THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Jonathan's childhood inspirations and how he survived high school
- The qualities of a good leader
- Scenario planning: How to make more money and still be happy
- How to be an entrepreneur & still keep your full-time job
- The conversation we're not having when it comes to self-care
- Thinking of your career as a portfolio
- The "good" place vs. the "right" place to be
- What more creators need to do
- Mental health & self-care
- Tips for checking in on yourself
SHOP DREAMS IN DRIVE MERCHANDISE: www.dreamsindrive.com/shop
USE COUPON CODE "DRIVER" DURING CHECKOUT FOR 10% OFF YOUR ORDER!
SHOW NOTES: http://www.dreamsindrive.com/jonathan-jackson
JOIN OUR DREAM DRIVER FACEBOOK GROUP: http://www.dreamsindrive.com/facebook
FIND DREAMS IN DRIVE ON:
FIND RANA ON SOCIAL:
JOIN THE #DREAMSINDRIVE COMMUNITY: http://www.dreamsindrive.com/JOIN
BOOK A PODCAST COACHING SESSION: http://www.dreamsindrive.com/session