Got side hustle? The chances are the answer to that question is probably YES. How can you take that side hustle and turn it into full-time entrepreneurship? Or, how can you make sure you are growing, accomplishing your goals, and keeping sane?
On this episode we chat with Nicaila Matthews, the Creator and Host of Side Hustle Pro, a podcast that spotlights bold, black women entrepreneurs who have scaled from side hustle to full time entrepreneurship. Side Hustle Pro has generated over a quarter million downloads in a year and amassed a loyal community of over 30,000 aspiring entrepreneurs.
Nicaila talks about her own path to side-hustle-ship and the main tools and strategies she's used to scale her business and community. Of those, SOCIAL MEDIA has been a huge part - so Nicaila gives us a crash course on how to use social to rock and smash your side hustle goals.
Nicaila is a career long Digital Marketing Strategist and alumna of the University of Pennsylvania (BA) and the University of Michigan (MBA). Her professional experience spans digital marketing, ad sales and social media strategy for NPR, Google, MTV Networks and Georgetown McDonough.
Join in on the conversation on social (@dreamsindrive) using the hashtag #dreamsindrive. Enjoy!
SOME OF THE TOPICS WE DISCUSS:
- What does being a "dream driver" mean?
- What inspired Nicaila as a child
- Being a woman of color in the Ivy League
- Why getting a MBA was extremely valuable & worth the investment
- How not getting an offer from Google devastated yet motivated Nicaila
- The origin story of the Side Hustle Pro Podcast
- How to setting goals for your new side hustle
- Nicaila's strategy for growing Side Hustle Pro podcast
- Why you ABSOLUTELY need social media
- Why Nicaila chose Instagram of her platform of choice for social promotion
- 3 strategies for growing social media fans with truly engaged followers
- Why making an exclusive FB group can help you grow community
- Challenges Nicaila is currently facing in her business
- What Side Hustle Pro has taught Nicaila about herself
- Technical challenges building a podcast
- How to increase podcast subscribers
- Nicaila's favorite business tools
NICAILA'S KEYS TO SUCCESS:
1. Be willing to start
2. Don't let discouraging days keep you down or make you stop.
3. Ignore haters.
FIND NICAILA MATTHEWS ON:
JOIN THE #DREAMSINDRIVE COMMUNITY: www.dreamsindrive.com/JOIN
JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP: www.dreamsindrive.com/facebook